Life Line Screening and Why It Is Important
Lifeline Screening is a wellness company that specializes in providing people with various detailed preventative health screening to establish the prevailing cardiovascular problems. The company is present in different parts of America. The Texas-based company was founded in 1993 and also provides detailed finger stick blood tests using small amounts of blood. Some of the health screenings that the firm offers are ultrasound, blood screening, and electrocardiographs. A visit to Life Line Screening is beneficial in the following ways.
- Life Line Screening is essential as it helps in the detection of some cardiovascular problems on time. Conditions such as high cholesterol cause internal damage even when the symptoms are not observable right away.
- It helps in detection of conditions like an aortic aneurysm that develop in someone’s body without being detected causing death.
- The screening increases the effectiveness of treating some diseases as they are discovered in the early stages of their development.
- Life Line Screening leads to saving of lives when a condition is detected because it reaches more advanced stages that are difficult to treat.
How to Prepare for Life Line Screening
After reading about Life Line Screening and deciding to protect your cardiovascular health, the next step knowing how to prepare for it. Learn more about Lifeline Screening at Wikipedia.
Upon arriving at the company’s facilities, the first thing you come across is the welcome desk. At this stage, you are supposed to fill information regarding the tests and the process of payment among other details. The testing procedure begins in the screening area. Tests such as blood testing, bone density screening, peripheral arterial disease test, EKG testing, carotid artery screening, and aortic aneurysm screening are done. All these tests are done in a private area.
What to Wear for Life Line Screening
Since Life Line Screening conducts various tests, the dressing code should be guided by the specific test being performed. However, people are encouraged to be in comfortable two-piece clothing. Some of the things one should avoid are wearing pantyhose or long stockings, jewelry, and applying lotion. The shoes should not be difficult to remove. Phones should be turned off.
What to Expect from Lifeline Screening
For accurate results on the various tests, there are certain special protocols that one should follow for accurate results.
- Fasting four hours before taking the aortic aneurysm testing is encouraged for this test. For lipid panel test, fast for at least eight hours before taking the test.
- Cardiovascular screening is recommended even when no symptoms have been observed. In fact, more doctors are prescribing this type of testing.